Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Escape


May 1945, We have just heard that Adlof Hitler has committed suicide. Everyone was in shock, I couldn't believe my ears. We were going to lose this war there was no doubt about it. I had thought on my head about hiding and escaping from this mess. There was this shed that was abandoned maybe I could hide in there, and come out when everyone that has left. I saw this Jewish child that was afraid he looked to be about 5 years old. I couldn't just leave him here to die. I walked up to him and told him "I won't hurt you, if you want to live and get out of here come with me." He told me that his mother died in the camp and his father died today during the march. I gave him some food to eat, I didn't have enough to satisfy him, but he didn't mind, because we were running low on food supplies.

Sincerely: Cornelius Gutenburg